N.Y. OIL is....



...one of my favorite "new" rappers. Though he has been on the scene for a long time as part of the UMC's, he has now gone solo and is creating a buzz in the underground.He now goes by the name N.Y. OIL. (try and figure out what the OIL part represents)

He is what you can call an activist rapper, and his music deals with issues regarding race,politics,hiphop, and just issues affecting black people. He reminds me of a KRS-One or Public Enemy(and I am not reaching when I say that.) Dude is genuinely talented and outspoken. After hearing some of his poems,interviews and his latest album Hood Treason, I was sold. No he is not Holy Hip-Hop but his music has a powerful message.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video: Footage of MJ 1984 Pepsi Commercial accident

Stepping into 2023 with Faith: Embracing the Power of Trusting in God