Lauryn Hill statement on her unpaid taxes

I found this an interesting statement from L.Boogie on why she failed to file her tax returns and about her relatively recent life and state of mind. To me this statement really sums up why Ms.Hill left the mainstream. So if you're still puzzled and/or angered at why she "abandoned" fans, don't be. I fully understand her reasons. Lauryn Hill is aware and chooses not to live in blindness and ignorance (which many of us do.) If you're living in that state of willful ignorance you'll dismiss her comments as the ramblings of a mentally unstable woman, but if you're aware, they make perfect sense and are valid.(note: I'm not suggesting she should not pay taxes, I believe taxation is a valid concept.) All I can say is live your life in the freedom you now possess and don't compromise it for anyone. Rock on Ms.Hill!


(Some background) It was reported yesterday that Ms. Lauryn Hill has been charged with three counts of misdemeanor failure to file taxes.  These charges were incurred for the years of 2005-2007, during a time in which Ms. Hill had removed herself and her family from society, in order to keep them safe, healthy, and free from danger.  In response to these charges, Ms. Hill has issued the following statement:

“For the past several years, I have remained what others would consider underground.  I did this in order to build a community of people, like-minded in their desire for freedom and the right to pursue their goals and lives without being manipulated and controlled by a media protected military industrial complex with a completely different agenda.  Having put the lives and needs of other people before my own for multiple years, and having made hundreds of millions of dollars for certain institutions, under complex and sometimes severe circumstances, I began to require growth and more equitable treatment, but was met with resistance.  I entered into my craft full of optimism (which I still possess), but immediately saw the suppressive force with which the system attempts to maintain it’s control over a given paradigm.  I’ve seen people promote addiction, use sabotage, black listing, media bullying and any other coercion technique they could, to prevent artists from knowing their true value, or exercising their full power.  These devices of control, no matter how well intentioned (or not), can have a devastating outcome on the lives of people, especially creative types who must grow and exist within a certain environment and according to a certain pace, in order to live and create optimally.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Video: Footage of MJ 1984 Pepsi Commercial accident

Stepping into 2023 with Faith: Embracing the Power of Trusting in God